Still working, but there’s been some major delays…

Whoever invented polybuteline pipe should be drawn and quartered.  We had yet another hot water leak in our house that went undetected for possibly months.  The whole underside of the house had standing water and was like a sauna.  Our house is now all torn apart while mold issues and reconstruction happens.  We’re also going to have the whole thing replumbed, which we have to pay for ourselves.  That’s not covered by the homeowner’s insurance, while the rest of the work is.

The long and the short of it is that we’re staying in a hotel right now for a month or so while all this happens.  I wasn’t able to do any work on the re-edits while we packed everything up to move out of our house, but now that we’re in a hotel, I’ve been able to get quite a bit done.  I just finished re-editing chapter 13 of book 8, and added just over 2,000 words to it.  Unfortunately, I’ll probably be removing that many words from the next chapter, because there’s a huge section in it that really serves no purpose and does nothing to advance the story.  I originally put it in there for a specific reason, but with experience, you learn that there are better ways to deal with certain things in your writing that you may not have considered the first time around when you were so eager to just get the story out.  It’s not the first time I cut a lengthy scene from one of the books, but it’s the first time I’ve cut any scenes from the 2nd edition books.  The other scenes I cut were done during the first edition edits.

Where it sits right now is that I’ll probably finish both editing passes on this one, and then prep this one and the 7th booth for publishing at the same time.  Then once that’s done, I’ll move onto the 9th book, which was a rather emotional one, and added some cool new elements to the story.  I’ve been really looking forward to getting to that one, since it brings some new characters into the story that had heretofore only been mentioned.

Anyway, that’s it for now.  I haven’t done an update in a long time, so I figured it was about time I did one. 🙂