Normally I’ll start a book near the end of one month and have it done and published by the end of the following month, and then I’ll start the whole cycle over again. With this latest book, I’ve had some delays that were caused by various things in my life, so I won’t be able to finish it by the end of the month. Since I won’t be able to keep on my usual schedule, I’ve decided to just keep working on it and finish it whenever. I’m anticipating it’ll be some time during the first week of next month. After that I’d like to get back on a normal schedule, which means starting the next one toward the end of next month. That will leave me about two weeks or so in between.
Now, here’s what’s cool about that. I’ll be using those two weeks in between to pound out some more bonus scenes that I’ll be adding here on the website. I really enjoyed writing the first one I did, and what I loved about it the most was that it allowed me to fill in details on something that had only been mentioned before, but not elaborated on. Some of the bonus scenes will be like that, while others will be things that are more independent, meaning they’re not relating to something that was mentioned. I already have some ideas rolling around, including the following:
- Alicia and Joseph’s experiences after being taken.
- Jonathan going on the run after he escapes from the slavers.
- Charles, Richard, Savaric and Giles’ escape from the scientist who’d brought them to the human dimension, starting with their work in the lab.
- Giles and Savaric on the run after their escape.
- Derek’s experience at school before he met the others.
There’s lots of things I could do. Those are just a few of the ideas I have currently, so there will definitely be more bonus scenes coming in the future.